The Child and Adolescent Day Hospital is a clinically intensive day program for children (ages 5-12) and adolescents (ages 13-18) with serious psychiatric problems. Designed as an alternative to inpatient and residential care, it provides rapid assessment and crisis stabilization, and the structure and intensity of an inpatient program but for patients who do not require 24-hour treatment. Services provided include Structured Therapeutic Group Treatment; Family Meetings conducted by a licensed clinical professional (LCSW-C or LCPC) and Psychiatric Evaluation and Medication Management provided by a staff psychiatrist. Additional groups are provided by visiting artists from September thru May offering Drumming, Movement, Art and Drama therapies. The Child and Adolescent Day Hospital operates 8:30a.m. until 4:00p.m. every Monday through Friday and is located on Sheppard Pratt's main campus in Towson (Baltimore County).
As a Social Worker (LCSW-C) or Counselor (LCPC) you will:
- Provide a wide range of social work/counseling services to an assigned caseload of patients in support of established treatment plan goals and discharge plans.
- Complete a comprehensive psychosocial assessment on each patient assigned at time of admission.
- Meet individually with patients on caseload as well as with families and/or significant others to monitor and evaluate progress.
- Conduct daily group psychotherapy session for assigned patients; leads a wide array of psycho-therapeutic groups in conjunction with other members of the treatment team.
- Communicate all aspects of patient care to treatment team members.
Requires: Master's degree in social work, counseling or related field and a MD state license (LCSW-C or LCPC) at time of hire and continually throughout tenure in position. Must have at least 2 years of experience; experience in mental health setting strongly preferred.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn.