Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Neighborhood Safety Net/Housing Solutions Program Coordinator, the Client Services Coordinator/Housing Counselor will organize and coordinate housing counseling, case management services and financial literacy programs throughout the larger community, in multiple languages as capable and appropriate.
- Provides housing counseling and case management on community resources, eviction and foreclosure prevention and makes referrals to the City of Gaithersburg for emergency housing funds.
- Refers clients to community resources to access housing, health, mental health, employment and education services.
- Identifies gaps in services, regarding housing and financial wellness.
- Establishes collaborative communication with landlords and local providers to assist city residents avoid eviction and maintain stable housing.
- Assists households to increase financial self -sufficiency using financial education programs including BankOn and/or individual financial counseling.
- Connects and collaborates with community partners for resources and follows-up with clients to ensure that action is taken to address each participant's needs and issues.
- Organizes program data collection and submits required outcome reports to direct supervisor and/or other contractors or funders upon request.
- Attends regular partner meetings in coordination with the Gaithersburg Coalition of Providers, Emergency Assistance Coalition, BankOn, and when applicable other community outreach partners.
- Provides services in compliance with program standards, Family Services, Inc. (FSI) policies and procedures, as well as FSI organizational values and philosophies.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Services, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a community-based setting.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required. Must be a "qualified" interpreter and/or translator or commit to obtaining certification.
- Working knowledge of human service programs, community resources and cultural competency.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible 20-hour work schedule.
- Skills with computer and online applications.