- Receive Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (OMHC) clients; collect client co-payments; receive and route telephone calls; schedule client follow-up appointments
- Maintain client medical records in good order; file client information; process client and other administrative paperwork
- Assist with maintenance of OMHC electronic health records
- Maintain client lobby and chart room for optimal and secure functioning
- Provide backup assistance to other administrative staff as warranted.
- Monitor and route OMHC voicemail messages
- Schedule appointments for clients and staff
- Pull and file charts and paperwork for doctors
- Check client eligibility status to verify insurance coverage
- Check and verify current ITPs and authorizations
- Log and distribute incoming and outgoing faxes
- Request, log, and secure client co-payments
- Receive, respond and/or route incoming phone calls
- Print provider schedules and billing sheets
- Make appointment reminder calls
- Respond to all requests from providers, clients and other staff in a professional manner
- Communicate critical information to staff in a timely manner
- File/scan all notes and papers in client Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Process Televox reminder calls
- Unload and distribute supplies
- Receive, log, and dispense as directed by medical professional or designee for all
- All other duties as assigned to ensure successful operation of OMHC
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Psychology or related field.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Previous experience and aptitude with computer hardware and data software such as an
Electronic Health Record and the ability to maintain and protect client confidentiality and
privacy is essential.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, extremely fast-paced health care business environment; demonstrated willingness to take on varied responsibilities and work as
part of a team to ensure the overall success of the Clinic.