ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: PRP services provide rehabilitation and support to individuals to develop and enhance community and independent living skills. Services are provided on and/or off site at Montgomery Station and/or other appropriate locations in the community, according to consumer's needs and schedules, including evenings and weekends.
- Provide rehabilitation training and support to Montgomery Station consumers, which include: group facilitation, Individual meetings, outings, and medication monitoring, onsite at day program and/or off-site with residential or outreach clients.
- Provides basic case management functions, but not limited to:
- Assistance in securing entitlements
- Transportation to appointments as deemed appropriate by counselor or supervisor.
- Coordination of services with consumer's other providers (psychiatrist, therapist, etc.) by effectively and professionally communicating clinical matters on a monthly basis.
- Identifying consumer's needs and linking consumer with community services.
- Other case management functions assigned by supervisor.
- With guidance from supervisor, develops and implements rehabilitative activities/groups/training/support related to consumer's needs based on IRP goals. May include, but not limited to:
- rehabilitation coordination
- self-care skills
- social skills
- independent living skills
- medication monitoring
- health promotion
- crisis intervention
- supportive employment skills
- as assigned by supervisor, on a rotating basis, carry the beeper and respond to crisis calls
- Prepares and monitors Individual Rehabilitation Plan (IRP) and maintains accurate, up-to-date records/documentation. Also provides addendum as needed.
- With guidance from supervisor, provides crisis support/intervention and facilitates appropriate utilization of community support system (i.e. Crisis Center)
- Prepares reports and documentation as required in a thorough and timely manner. Residential Care Specialists responsible for utilizing 50% of their regular shift towards providing billable services.
- Provides medication monitoring onsite or offsite as assigned by Team Leader or Manager.
- Assists in orientating and training new admissions and new staff to Montgomery Station PRP and RRP.
- Provides transportation for consumers when deemed necessary for meeting consumer's needs. Transportation may be provided in Montgomery Station vans if available, or by use of counselor's vehicle.
- Secures and maintains equipment/supplies and inventory lists.
- Accurately reports to supervisor and peers issues related to client progress, program needs, and issues related to the counselor successfully completing job duties.
- Attends provider meetings as a part of the Montgomery Station treatment team and represents Montgomery Station in a professional manner.
- Provides coverage on assigned holidays through the year. Each Care Specialist is assigned at least one holiday to provide medication coverage. Some Specialist depending on seniority will work two holiday shifts. Each shift is one medication run.
- Carries the on-call crisis phone or finds coverage. Each Care Specialist must carry the phone at least one time before finding coverage for other assigned shifts.
- Monitors health and safety in the homes. Responsible for addressing immediate health/safety concerns and reporting cleanliness issues to supervisor. Residential Care Specialists responsible for light cleaning on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Competencies: Organizational and time management.Ability to establish rapport and to assist client to identify his or her own needs (i.e., self-care skills, social skills, independent living skills, medication management, health- mental and somatic, entitlements, and vocational) to establish appropriate rehabilitation goals and to provide internal and/or community referrals when necessary.
Education: High school Diploma required. BA/BS in Human Service and/or related work experience preferred. Additional certifications/trainings required (or provided during orientation, or shortly thereafter):
Language and Communication Skills:Good oral and written communication.
Technical Skills: CPR/First Aid, Infection Control, FoodSafety and Handling, and Crisis Intervention/Suicidal Protocol. A current, valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance (which meets minimum MD state requirements), and a current driving record with 3 points or less are required for transporting consumers, either in agency vans or a personal vehicle.