Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies (HMHB) Program Manager, this position ensures that clients served in the program receive brief (12 sessions) mental health interventions and therapy designed to address mental health needs for women suffering from perinatal depression. Monitors progress by administering the depression screening Edinburg Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) and Adverse Childhood Questionnaire (ACE) throughout the intervention, maintains client records current and as required by Aspire Counseling documentation guidelines, and to provide prompt and accurate reports to the HMHB Program Manager as required. This position requires in-home or in-community therapy around Montgomery County, MD.
Work Schedule: This is a part-time position that requires working 20 hours per week.
- Provide clinical services appropriate to prenatal or postpartum women including brief therapy (6-12 sessions) targeted at improving mental health outcomes and increasing women's ability to care for themselves and their babies.
- Coordinate with the program manager to refer clients whose mental health needs exceed capacity to serve them at Aspire Counseling/HMHB (women in crisis, suicidal, chronically mentally ill, patients in need of long-term therapy, etc.).
- Collaborate with the case manager when clients are in need of concrete supports to ensure coordination of care and achievement of good mental health. Promptly notify the Program Manager of crisis situations. Seek clinical supervision and consulting with colleagues when appropriate.
- Proper case documentation in the electronic records system.
- Collect and report changes in mental health status as measured by standardized scales such as the PHQ-9 and the GAD-7.
- Bill patient encounters to the maximum extent possible and ensure good billing outcomes (for example, by ensuring that preauthorization is obtained when needed and by promptly submitting required treatment plans).
- Participate in the Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies team meetings. Work with other team members to identify and advocate for ways to improve outcomes and to reach as many clients as is feasible.
- Provide counseling services to women, groups, and families, which are within the scope of your training and experience. These services shall comply with legal requirements, accepted clinical standards, Aspire Counseling procedures, insurance requirements, and the professional and ethical standards by which mental health therapists are bound.
9. Maintain professional license in good standing. Promptly notify Aspire Counseling's clinical director of any civil, criminal, or administrative actions commenced against him/her by a government agency, a client, or a professional association.
- Is a Mandated Reporter of suspected cases of child abuse and neglect in accordance with Maryland State and Montgomery County regulations. Reports suspected cases of child abuse and neglect to HMHB Program Manager.
- Complete agency required training and professional development.
- Masters or Doctoral level degree, licensure as a mental health therapist in the State of
Maryland, and a proven ability to meet goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
- This position requires strong clinical skills, the ability to provide therapy in a second
language and sensitivity to multicultural issues.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, the flexibility to work in the home, community or in the office, to provide psycho education to family members as appropriate, and to make sure the mother and baby are stable and safe.