LGPC or LCPC required
LGSW or LCSW-C required
2 years of experience required
Summary: Performs a range of professional counseling services across a varied patient population. Interviews patients/families to assess psychosocial problems, develop treatment plans, and monitor and evaluate patient progress. Develops treatment plans with patients/families. Maintains up-to-date documentation and knowledge of patient's progress. Conducts individual, family, and group therapy sessions for patients and their families in order to assist in resolving personal and environmental problems which prevent them from achieving their highest level of psychosocial functioning. Documents initial patient assessment and ongoing treatment and progress through discharge in compliance with program standards. Demonstrates knowledge of reporting requirements for compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies. Participates as a member of the treatment team.
- Patient Assessment
- Treatment Planning
- Individual, family, and group psychotherapy
- Position requires working 20-40 hours per week in our Gaithersburg group practice. (Currently remote client sessions.)
- This is a fee for service role.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology, Counseling Education from an accredited school approved by Maryland Professional Boards.
- Possession of one of the following Maryland State Licensures (active and in good standing):
- Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical (LCSW-C)
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor license (LCPC)
- Knowledge of psychosocial disorders, diagnoses, and therapies, and professional social work/professional counseling theory, principles.
- At least 2 years of relevant field and work experience in clinical counseling.
- Work requires analytical ability to collect and interpret data to resolve psychosocial problems and prepare treatment plans and implement treatment strategies.