Summary: Provides classroom support to the division's Child Development programs. Works cooperatively with families and accepts them as essential partners in the education process. Scheduling could include evening and weekend hours.
- High school diploma
- Must be 18 years of age by time of hire
- Preferred 90-hour Child Care Certificate and meet qualifications for approval by the Maryland State Department of Education under COMAR 13A.16, substitute position.
- Previous experience working with children ages infant to 5 years old population in a group setting preferred.
- Experience with multi-ethnic, low-income, and at-risk families preferred.
- Ability to communicate well with parents, community members, and professionals.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.