Summary: The Supervised Visitation Monitor will monitor and facilitate both supervised visits and custody exchanges between parent and child at the Safe Passage Center (SPC), with the goal of maintaining a safe and neutral setting for all parties. The SPC is a safe place where families with histories of high conflict and/or domestic violence can engage in visitation between children and their visiting parents in a monitored setting or can participate in monitored exchanges of children for weekend visits with their non-custodial parents.
- Observe and monitor visitation sessions between visiting parents and children, coordinate the safety of visits, ensure safe and positive interactions between parents and children.
- Provide redirection and guidance as needed, ensure the parent and child are supervised at all times, and complete a report of each visitation session or child exchange.
- The selected candidate will report to the Center's Program Director and work closely with program and security staff. This individual must be collaborative, possess emotional intelligence and demonstrate the ability to exercise sound decision making and judgment with a high regard for the safety, respect and confidentiality of all parents and children.
Work Schedule: Varied, to include Tuesday 4:00pm to 8:00pm, Wednesday 4:00pm to 8:00pm, Thursday 4:00pm to 8:00pm, Friday 12:00pm to 8:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm to 8:00pm and Sunday 12:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Minimum of Associate of Arts degree in human services, social work, psychology or education field, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills. The ability to speak and understand Spanish is required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have a minimum of 1 year experience working with families or children in a social service setting or classroom, preferably with at risk families or those impacted by domestic violence.
- Experience and/or training in child development, education, psychology, human services, social work preferred.