Center Teacher Substitute (Discovery Station Child Development Center)
Work Schedule: Ability to work 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child's family, encourage their involvement in the program, and promote parent-child bonding and nurturing parent-child relationships.
- Promote feelings of security and trust in infants and toddlers by being warm, supportive and comforting, and by establishing strong and caring relationships with them.
- Provide infants and toddlers with experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group.
- Work cooperatively with staff and parents.
- Maintain confidentiality of family records and information.
- Assist with planning and preparation of special events and field trips.
- Keep center supplies and equipment clean, organized, and well maintained.
- Observe children and document daily feeding, diapering and napping for each child.
- Communicate observations and evaluations to appropriate center staff and Center Team Leader.
- Attend staff meetings, professional training, workshops and seminars as needed; maintain First Aid and Infant/ Child CPR certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 90-hour early childhood certificate.
- Experience working with children from infant to age 3 years old; experience providing direct services to multi-ethnic, at risk, low-income families.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
- Working knowledge of developmental curriculum and a problem-solving approach.
- Must display a nurturing, patient, mature, organized, calm manner.
- Ability to work as a team player and communicate well with parents; sensitivity to parent issues and ability to build a partnership for their child's care.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.