To greet and welcome all customers to Sparrow Clinton Hospital. Provide customers with information and directions to all areas of the hospital as requested. Work in coordination with Patient Registration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
- License/Certification: None
- Experience: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Preferred:
- Customer service experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Constant communication with patients one-on-one or by telephone.
- Aims for quality in his/her job.
- Ability to set priorities as it relates to his/her job.
- Uses time effectively.
- Shows initiative.
· Greet and welcome visitors and/or patients with a smile. Project a positive, polite and friendly first impression! Build relationships with repeat customers by engaging conversation with patients and visitors.
· Provide visitors with information and direct them appropriately to departments, rooms and functions within Sparrow Clinton Hospital. Problem solve when information is lacking (i.e., no doctor’s name, no paperwork).
· Assist in the comfort of patients/visitors in general ways (i.e. providing water/coffee, warm blankets, emesis basins, towels (if bleeding); providing other means of comfort as needed. Inform patients/visitors regarding any delays.
· Troubleshoot immediate customer service problems using conflict resolution techniques when necessary. Refer all problems that cannot be resolved at the Information Desk to the appropriate personnel.