General Purpose of the Job:
Receptionist is responsible for the daily reception/scheduling activities in the reception areas. The Receptionist will maintain communications with patients, physicians and associates.
· Answer telephone and direct calls, record and distribute messages.
· Check in patients, verifying authorizations and demographic information.
· Schedule office visits and appointments.
· Set up/schedule appropriate patient testing prior to visit.
· Reschedule appointments, as needed.
· Explain billing/payment policies to patients.
· Check-out patients, collecting copays as needed.
· Projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year of multi physician office experience.
Above Average knowledge of computer systems, programs and applications.
Strong organization, written and verbal skills.
Knowledge of and experience with Medical Terminology.
Knowledge of general office policies and procedures.
Cardiology experience preferred.
Experience with EMR systems preferred.