Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide prescribed physical therapy interventions under the supervision of a staff physical therapist.
2. Communicate the treatment plan, treatment goals, and progress toward goals to the patient and/or caregiver.
3. Instruct patients and/or caregivers in home programs.
4. Perform medical record documentation according to the established criteria.
5. Communicate with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, both verbally and in writing, according to the established criteria.
6. Utilize Rehab Aides according to established criteria.
7. Supervise the activities of students and volunteers.
8. Provide high school athletic training services at an area high school, as assigned.
9. Cooperate with support staff and other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services such as the registering, scheduling, and billing of our patients.
10. Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health Systems Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
11. Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, organizational confidentiality procedures and protocols defined under the HIPAA Privacy Policies.
12. Follows established HIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information.
13. Maintains and protects patients rights under the HIPAA Privacy Standards.
14. Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers’ rehabilitation potential by actively participating in activities such as inservices, staff meetings, team meetings, continuing education courses, and patient conferences.
15. Maximize customer satisfaction by treating our customers with respect and responding to their needs in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
Required: BS in Athletic Training or Physical Education/Health and must be certified in Athletic Training from the National Athletic Trainers Association.