Registers Sparrow Clinton Hospital patients through Epic. Collects payments from patients in advance when copayment is known.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
- License/Certification: None
- Experience: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Preferred:
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to operate office equipment, such as a PC, HEAR CALL system, ambulance system, embosser, fax machine, calculator, oxygen and lab indicators, copier and television monitoring system.
- Excellent phone and communication skills.
- Able to recognize and resolve problems.
- Able to effectively prioritize work responsibilities.
- Able to take initiative to carry out responsibilities.
· Registers all patients including out patients, in-patients, swing bed, emergency room patients, and patients who are converting to 23-hour observation and/or in-patient status.
· Processes pre-admission testing, pre-registration, and dietary instructions.
· Registers all ancillary services such as x-ray, cardio, mri's, and nuclear medicine.