General Purpose of Job:
Provides leadership to the skilled trades contractors group and is an effective voice in shaping the future of the department. Leads, plans, directs, and manages Building and Grounds activities for Sparrow Health System.
· Manage maintenance operations, upgrades, and replacement of building and grounds components including roofs, parking garages, windows, sidewalks, roads, Federal Aviation Administration equipment, etc. for all applications in healthcare setting.
· Manage structural features of fire protection components to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· Manage and provide direction to all skilled trade associates in daily work activities with emphasis on safety, system operations, and equipment load cycle for cost containment.
· Manage and oversee daily operations related to skilled trade team in record keeping, building management systems and documentation for JCAHO, AOA, EPA, and DEQ.
· Manage, plan and provide recommendations on facilities infrastructure improvements for capital upgrades and new building additions or renovation projects.
· Manage and coordinate building and grounds activities with other trade areas within Engineering and contractors.
· Provides advisory skills to Associates to enable optimum performance with high emphasis on customer service/satisfaction.
· Manages operational expenses and provides input in planning for new capital investments.
· Participates in On-Call Program for Engineering.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- A combination of 4 years education and experience in site and facilities management.
- Minimum 4 years leadership experience with buildings and grounds or a combination of 4 years education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years facilities design and installation/operations experience or a combination of 4 years education and experience.
- Technical competence in facilities related issues involving Joint Commission.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of site, roofing, parking garage, structural features of fire protection, building envelope and Building Management Systems.
- Must be able to handle multiple and changing priorities
- Computer skills & knowledge of Word & Excel Programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary buildings and grounds issues for a large and complex healthcare organization.
- Evidence of the ability to transform a large complex organization; proven ability to manage change comfortably.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
Previous experience with Joint Commission and professional site and structural teams.