The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing services for the care and treatment of patients. The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care in a nursing department according to hospital policies, procedures and standards of care. Accepts responsibility for the supervision and direction of co-workers in the implementation of the nursing care plan. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Michigan permit or license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to formulate effective nursing care plans and provide care appropriately.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physician, and other Hospital Associates.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria.
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification within twelve (12) months of hire into unit.
- Telemetry experience required.
- Experience in a Long Term Acute Care.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in step-down unit.