General Purpose of Job:
The RN provides professional nursing services guided by the Transformation Model for the Professional Practice of Nursing. Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the implementation of the nursing care plan to maximize patient outcomes.
· Empowered to serve as a leader within level of authority.
· Participates in shared decision making.
Care Delivery System
· Assesses patient condition and initiates appropriate nursing and/or medical care in accordance with established standards and evidence-based practice.
· Develops and updates an individualized plan of care based on the assessment of the patient and their available resources.
· Implements purposeful plan of care, reflecting the uniqueness of each patient.
· Evaluates and documents patient outcomes and response to care, revising plan as needed.
· Educates patient/family according to assessed need using mutual participation model.
· Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement activities within department, health system and/or community.
· Practices nursing in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures, Michigan Public Health Code and ANA Scope & Standards of Practice.
· Demonstrates knowledge and use of equipment and appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient care.
· Provides a safe environment through the utilization of best practices for patient, family, and all other caregivers.
· Supports the development of self, co-workers, and students through mentoring, preceptorship and peer review.
· Utilizes current evidence and research in practice.
· Communicates appropriate information to members of the health care team.
· Develops and maintains a professional relationship with members of the health care team, the patient and the patient's family.
· Delegates, and supervises other health care workers within their scope of practice.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
· Associate degree in nursing.
· Basic Life Support (BLS).
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Michigan.
· Clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to deliver quality patient care.
· Interpersonal skills for effective communication.
· Computer literate.
· Accountable for professional development and maintenance of competencies.
· Excellent attendance.
· Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
· Professional certification appropriate to practice.