Purpose of Job: Perform member orientations, assist members in safe and correct use of cardiovascular and strength machines, and ensure that all equipment is in working order.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Perform club orientations that include showing members cardio and strength machines; teaching posture and seat adjustments; demonstration of dynamic warm-up and static stretching.
(2) Greet members and give directions. Assist members with use of fitness equipment, answer club and fitness-related questions.
(3) Rack weights, return equipment to proper place.
(4) Perform proactive testing of equipment, including TVs and CD/DVDs.
(5) Clean mirrors and wipe machines as needed, discard trash and dirty towels as needed.
(6) Enforce all MAC policies in areas of responsibility.
(7) Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System’s Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Primarily fitness center environment.
-Lifting of up to 45 pounds required.
-Must be able to ambulate through facility
-Working with cleaning chemicals such as Simple Green, Fulsan, HDQC2 disinfectant, Hand Sanitizer, Glass Cleaner, and Pledge.
-Bending and twisting on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Current CPR Certification
- High school diploma required. Some college experience preferred.
- Experience in kinesiology, exercise physiology or related field preferred.