General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for Supply Chain Management functions in support of clinical operations including; value analysis, recommendations for product standardization, new product trials, conversions, quality and safety assurance.
· Lead and coordinate operational benchmarking initiatives and provide education to clinical staff relating to medical goods and equipment.
· Co-Chair the Value Analysis Committee.
· Advise clinical staff regarding product standardization opportunities.
· Engage with benchmarking agencies, Group Purchasing Organizations, and internal Finance staff, to identify and prioritize cost optimization opportunities.
· Work with a wide variety of clinical departments to identify opportunities and make recommendations for supply cost reduction and improved utilization practices.
· Maintain an understanding of all current Health System contracts.
· Prepare detailed spreadsheets, analyze and make recommendations.
· Know and apply basic purchasing ethics and negotiation skills, including contract negotiations.
· Establish and maintain an excellent rapport with the Medical Staff, Administration, Nursing and Ancillary Departments.
· Conduct departmental education and training sessions.
· Coordinate and assist in system-wide product conversions.
· Perform supply utilization and other quality studies as essential duties of the job.
· Prioritize projects and establish measurements for success and associated dashboards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
· B.A. in Business Administration or related field
· At least 5 years of healthcare Supply Chain experience or combination of 5 year’s experience in healthcare Supply Chain and relevant clinical discipline
· Extensive knowledge of hospital supplies
· Detail oriented
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Good analytical skills, including use of Excel / spreadsheet software