Purpose of Job:
To provide a safe, secure and orderly environment so that quality, compassionate, accessible healthcare services can be provided without undue fear for personal safety and the safety of property.
- College coursework in Criminal Justice, Security Administration or a minimum of two years previous security experience. College degree and healthcare security experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in unarmed self-defense and control techniques, as well as crisis prevention and intervention techniques.
- Basic knowledge of civil and criminal law.
- Demonstrated competency and/or ability to learn computerized security technology and software programs.
- Unrestricted driver’s license and no excessive traffic violations.
- Knowledge of good body mechanics and able to meet physical demands of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills, both written and oral.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for, and provide assistance to, caregivers, patients, physicians, volunteers and visitors of the Sparrow Health System.
- Utilize and demonstrate competency in the use of various security technologies and software applications (CCTV, Alarm Systems, Access Control Systems, ID Badging, metal detectors, MSDS, intercoms, 2- way radio systems.
· Maintain current knowledge of all Sparrow properties and related security technologies to ensure proper response to calls for service.
· Coordinate, direct and ensure an efficient response to fire alarms and chemical spills/leaks.
· Responds to disasters by setting up Incident Command Center, implementing appropriate facility lockdown and access control and procedures, manages pedestrian and vehicular traffic and, as necessary, assists with decontamination procedures (staging and property collection).