Purpose of Job:
This position will work as part of the Sparrow IT team at Physicians Health Plan. The position will work in a fast paced, changing environment within the multiple Information Technology teams to develop custom programs that improve operations and maintain already created code.
· Designs, codes, tests debugs programs and documents. Creates new and updates existing as needed.
· Follows through on team needs and research/analysis as determined by team lead or manager.
· Responds to requests by obtaining, analyzing and reporting information, including the interpretation of data.
· May be responsible for leading projects of medium complexity and the completion of one or more phases of projects of higher complexity.
· Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems.
· Prepares design and detailed specifications and develops programs to meet the intended purpose.
· Integrates analytical efforts with other department staff to incorporate aspects of company information into analytical processes and conclusions.
· Maintains current knowledge of company claims and data warehousing processes.
· Assists with selection, implementation and maintenance of new and existing information technology used to manage health care information.
· Understands and maintains a thorough knowledge of PHP's systems interfaces. Is capable of modifying existing and building new interfaces.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field.
- 3-5 years experience in Health Insurance or hospital field as an IT support professional. Intermediate programming skills required to obtain, list, analyze and present data.
- SAS programming language experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work.
Preferred: .NET, VB, PHP, C Sharp programming experience. Working knowledge of hospital and physician billing services.
Position requires EMR Skills Assessment to be taken.