- Bachelor's of Science
- CPR/BLS Required
- Licensed to practice in DC Required or Eligibility
- 2 years of experience required
- 3-5 years of experience required
Statement of Purpose/Summary of Major Essential Functions:
- This position receives/responds to incoming requests from referral sources/physicians and communicates between families and the facility during the admission process.
- Perform a variety of high level patient care activities to include admission assessments, screening for appropriateness of admissions, standard assessment and monitoring, development of plan to address physical and psychological needs, review critical paths and provide analysis and updates to team as needed.
- The Nurse/UR will review the assessment and determine the level of care for financial negotiations with managed care contracts and private pay sources. Including the interface with managed care companies regarding patient status to demonstrate medical necessity.
- Apply professional knowledge and clinical expertise/competence in evaluating the Medical Record and documents for appropriateness of inpatient hospitalization.
- Participates in implementing/maintaining operational processes to ensure compliance to company policies, legal requirements and regulatory mandates.
- Direct all admission processes to include advance directives, coordinating durable medical equipment, securing advance directives, and preparing clinical staff for successful admissions.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director of Referral Services (DRS) regarding bed assignments, and thorough completion of all preliminary paperwork for acceptance and approval of patients.
- Works in tandem with medical, nursing, clinical liaison and accounting staff to ensure appropriate patient placement.
- Communicate with Clinical Liaisons regarding assessment for review/admission.
- Works with the DRS for maintaining accurate census by monitoring daily discharges and admissions.
- Develop appropriate referrals by creating and sustaining business relationships with referral sources.
Minimum Experience:At least 3 years related experience in the field of nursing, one year of supervision or management experience. Experience with Interqual and 3 years in acute clinical care. A minimum of 3 years experience in the field if not a clinician (LPN, RN). Bachelors preferred.