It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Send this job to a friend|
|Hours:||Full Time Weekends, 4 days Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues|
- 1-3 years
LOVE YOUR WORK. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Are you a Nursing Professional with a passion for making a difference in the lives of your patients? If so, then we have a rewarding career waiting for you. Our Home Care department is growing and we are seeking qualified nurses to fill our open Case Manager positions.
To provide primary nursing care to assigned Home Care patients in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Makes initial and follow-up visits to patients assigned. Uses the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, implementation and evaluation to provide physical, psycho-social and spiritual care to patients and their families. Intervenes with patients and families in crisis situations and acts as patient advocate. Performs hands on skilled care, to include changing dressings, performing catheterizations, drawing blood, changing subq catheters, administering injectable medications, programming pumps, disimpacting bowels, and other nursing care required by the patient at the time of the visit.
- Develops plan of care for patient under the order of a physician; maintains ongoing communication as necessary to revise the plan of care to assure quality home care.
- Assumes on-call responsibility as scheduled after regular business hours for all home care patients. This requires telephone calls to be returned within 15 minutes and visits to be made to patients as necessary
- Creates and maintains care plans.
- Teaches and supervises LPNs, home health aides, primary caregivers and volunteers in providing care to patients and evaluates the care they provide. This includes pain control procedures, medications, use of equipment and psychosocial support.
- Coordinates services of LPNs, social worker, chaplain, therapists, dietitian, home health aide, volunteers and physician. Facilitates continuity of care when patient is admitted to the hospice in-patient unit by phone contact with primary physician, medical director, in-patient nurse and program director and by providing care plans and medication records to the in-patient unit.
- Orders equipment, supplies and medications as needed by the patient under the order of physician and assures removal of same after death or discharge
- Writes initial orders, re-certifications, and changes in orders in a timely manner on forms specific to reimbursement sources. Records changes in notes, records and care plans as necessary.
- Documents accurately all admissions, follow-up visits and phone calls. Reviews chart for completeness and accuracy when case is closed.
- Completes accurately and submits at least b-weekly all itinerary and mileage forms. Completes all charge slips for supplies used and submits to secretary at least bi-weekly. Supervises home health aide in patient’s home in accordance with Federal and State regulations and documents same on patient record.
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here to Apply Online