It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Category:||Service & Trade||Schedule:||Per-Diem|
|Facility:||Morton Hospital||Shift:||Day shift|
|Department:||SMH WAREHOUSE||Hours:||per diem 6:30am-3:00pm|
Receives shipments from carriers. Assures and documents goods are received in good condition and right quantities as shown on the purchase order. Delivers items to proper location and obtaining proper signatures. Assists in storeroom and special projects, as needed.
· Provides prompt, friendly and courteous service to using department/visitors.
· Receives all materials and supplies during normal working hours per procedure.
· Notes any freight damage on bill of lading and/or packing slip and obtains carrier's signature verifying damage.
· Checks Purchase Order against packing slip and verifies both quantities against material received.
· Notes any discrepancies on packing slip and notifies Purchasing Department.
· Compiles with special instruction for internal delivery or special handling as specified on the purchase order.
· Reports all questionable orders to immediate supervisor.
· Properly marks all material to be delivered to the using department on materials carton. Attaches requisition to the material and arranges for pick-up/delivery.
· Performs all functions related to the shipping of material, making sure all material is properly labeled and packing slips are properly prepared.
· Maintains work area and storage areas in orderly condition, free from fire and safety hazard.
· Assists in materials management work areas such as copy center, mailroom, courier and purchasing as directed.
· Daily assists in storeroom, filling orders, stocking shelves, special projects, inventories and rotating stock.
· Operates in adherence to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
· Communicates regularly with supervisor regarding workflow, problems and opportunities for cost containment.
· Utilizes and maintains proper material handling equipment while performing assigned tasks to ensure safe delivery.