It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Department Secretary/Sect I|
|Facility:||Norwood Hospital||Shift:||Day shift|
|Department:||NWH Diag Rad - Satellite||Hours:||Per Diem|
Performs a variety of secretarial, clerical and receptionist duties in the Department of Radiology. Including but not limited to:
· Answers telephone, greets all departmental visitors and screens all incoming phone calls to ensure that accurate and efficient departmental communication is facilitated through positive and expedient action.
· Maintains schedules and appointments for department to ensure efficient utilization of resources; Schedules appointments for patient according to established procedures, anticipates conflicts in schedules, notifying supervisor of conflicts when booking exams.
· Completes all pre-registration/registration verification of CT scan, Radiology, Mammography, Ultrasound and Bone Density.
· Collect any applicable co-payments for incoming radiology patients, including CT scan, Radiology, Mammography, Ultrasound and Bone Density.
· Inputs patient data into radiology information system in accurate and complete manner as indicated by work area procedures.
· Dispenses preparations to patients as indicated by departmental protocol and or physician orders.
· Assembles and prepare x-ray requisitions for examinations ordered on outpatients.
· Processes necessary paperwork, i.e., schedules, requisitions and reports.
· Makes copies of patient records when requested by facilities or the patient by acquiring images onto a CD.
· Retrieve film folders from by ordering them on line from our offsite storage facility when necessary.
· Receive and place telephone calls, takes and relays messages and occasionally arranges patient transport.
High School Graduate or equivalent
Previous medical secretary education or experience with strong medical terminology skills preferred.