The Clinical Manager has 24/7 accountability and responsibility for the Cardiovascular Lab. The Clinical Manager is responsible for coordinating care and daily department operations including hiring, orienting, and scheduling staff. Other areas of responsibility include patient experience, physician satisfaction, patient throughput, clinical practice, patient safety and quality outcomes, human resource management, professional development, performance improvement, employee engagement, regulatory readiness, and other duties as assigned. The Clinical Manager participates in activities to achieve clinical, financial and organizational outcomes and may assist with direct care as needed.
• Resource Allocation: Assists in preparation of operating budget, manages and controls expense targets, where applicable revenue projections. Conserves organizational resources by maximizing departmental performance as well as developing and implementing cost saving measures. Manages and utilizes personnel effectively to achieve proper staffing and optimum resource management. Monitors turnover, overtime, and absenteeism. Understands financial statements; develops and operates within budgetary guidelines; is able to justify variances. Utilizes objective metrics to establish department performance improvement goals, and creates improvement on all outcomes.
• Customer Commitment: Practices and engenders a superior customer service philosophy among staff. Responds to customer complaints and requests immediately. Ensures employees understand what is expected of them relative to excellent customer service for both internal and external customers; deals with inappropriate customer service immediately.
• Leadership: Encourages cooperation and teamwork in accomplishing results. Supports individual and departmental achievement through the use of recognition methods. Actively seeks and acts on ways to improve team effectiveness. Provides training and development for employees to support professional and personal growth, enhance job performance, and improve operational effectiveness. Communicates specific responsibilities and performance standards to each employee. Provides positive and constructive feedback based on employee's performance and develops a plan of action as needed. Holds staff meetings at least once per month and makes meeting minutes available to staff. Ensures that all staff has attended required education programs and includes staff in department goal setting. Constructively and consistently deals with inappropriate employee behavior or actions immediately in a direct and confidential manner that maintains the employee's self-esteem. Documents expectations and corrective actions. Completes performance appraisals on time 100% of the time, includes meaningful comments and follows through on action plans, returns to HR on time. Creates commitment and ownership, encourages responsibility, helps others to set proper goals and priorities, delegates with clear expectations.
• Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external). Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
• Staff development Completes annual mandatory education requirements and participates in appropriate hospital management training and development workshops. Continually learns and develops staff and self; keeps current in trends; participates in professional development opportunities and encourage staff participation; Develops and implements a department specific education opportunities.
• Organizational Commitment: Selects appropriate form of communication to convey information. Creates an atmosphere in which clear and timely information flows between self and others and interdepartmental. Maintains positive attitude and fosters effective relationships within own and other departments. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures and identifies how policies and procedures can be modified to improve/strengthen organization al performance. Monitors all processes to insure that all compliance and regulatory standards are met. Fosters and maintains a safe working environment.
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Demonstrated clinical competence in area of cardiac catheterization and peripheral vascular procedures.
• Understanding of contemporary nursing practice and health care delivery systems.
• Leadership ability with effective communication, motivational, and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work independently
• Requires effective use of problem solving, negotiating, conflict management, team leading and teambuilding skills.
• Must possess ability to communicate well in written and verbal forms with others, both internally and externally
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Healthcare related field. Master's degree preferred. RN or RT licensed in MA. Certification and membership in professional organization preferred.
- Experience (Type & Length): Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated clinical competence in cardiovascular practice.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification preferred. MA RN License or MA RT(R)
- Software/Hardware: General office equipment, Meditech, ANSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.