It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Facility:||Holy Family Hospital||Shift:|
|Department:||HFH Medical Records||Hours:||Full-time, 40 hrs/wk, Day Shift, 8:00am-4:30pm|
Summary: Experienced Coder for busy coding department.
· Demonstrates extensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, human disease process and ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, and E&M codes/modifiers.
· Reviews the entire outpatient encounter medical record to identity diagnoses and procedures performed.
· Assigns appropriate ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, and E&M codes/modifiers upon review of the medical record documentation, including test results, as appropriate, identifies the primary diagnosis for the health care encounter as well as other medically necessary diagnoses and procedures in accordance with accepted coding conventions.
· Reads and effectively integrates the Coding Clinic and CPT Assistant publications references in making accurate coding decisions.
· Consults with Coding Supervisor or physician when selection of diagnosis or procedure is in question.
· Prioritizes tasks and works independently.
· Demonstrates organizational, communication and inter-personal skills.
· Abstracts all coded data into Meditech Abstracting system.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the Meditech Information System and the 3M Encoder.
· Tracks missing/incomplete charts and reconciles within 30 days of discharge.
Qualifications: Strongly prefer CCS, CCA, RHIT, or RHIA, or equivalent vocational training. One year coding experience in acute care facility required. Competency in assigning ICD-9, CPT-4 codes/modifiers/E&M evaluation. Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently. Strong knowledge of APC's, LCD's, and NCD's. IS literacy in 3M encoder/Meditech.