Responsible for maintenance, repair, fabrication, installation and/or monitoring of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment.
• Maintenance, repair, fabrication and/or monitoring of boilers, chillers, air conditioners.
• Ventilation systems and related plant equipment.
• Checks equipment to ensure proper working order.
• Repairs malfunctions as needed, which may include fabricating and repairing refrigerant circuits, troubleshooting electrical failures, lubricating equipment and machinery, installing and removing pipes and parts, repairing electrical control failures, replacing defective compressor parts, and other related duties.
• Preventive maintenance of heating and air conditioning systems throughout the facility.
• Ensures that boilers and water heaters are maintained in working order at all times.
• Makes repairs which may involve charging units with refrigerants, adding or changing oil, replacing defective controls, cleaning of cooling coils, condensers and cooling towers, making adjustments for proper operation.
• Repairs or replaces fans, coils, valves, controls, circulating pumps, compressors and other related equipment as required.
• Maintains an inventory of supplies and parts, initiating requests for repair parts and equipment.
• Completes required reports for each job assignment, detailing time and materials used for each completed task.
• May use necessary tools to complete tasks, such as, but not limited to, lathe, drill press, grinder and appropriate hand tools.
• May initiate purchase orders for parts and machines.
• Provide operational coverage in boiler room when required.
Management of Time and Resources:
• Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
• Is reliable in respect to attendance.
• Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
• Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
• Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
• Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
• Produces quality results.
• Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
• Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
• Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
• Responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
• Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
• Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
• Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
• Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
• Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
• Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
• Graduate of trade school or technical college with courses in plumbing, welding, air conditioning and heating.
• Previous experience as HVAC Mechanic.