· Provides Administrative and clinical support to medical staff officers, department chairmen and committee chairmen.
· Coordinates department and committee meetings, including scheduling, pre-meeting preparation of materials and notices, staffing, documentation of proceedings, maintenance of records and follow-up actions.
· Acts as a liaison between medical staff and hospital departments.
· Acts as a librarian for medical staff related documents and records.
· Coordinates compliance with regulations and accreditation standards as they relate to the medical staff responsibilities and functions assigned to the department.
· Interacts and provides coordination with the Performance Improvement
· Program, Credentials Program, and other associated functions, as it relates to medical review functions and the re-appointments/re-appraisal process.
· Provides assistance in By-Laws research and preparation.
· Provides support to the Medical Education Committee in the direction and
· Coordination of all continuing medical education activities.
· Initiates and maintains a system to record physician attendance at CME events.
· Provides general office support, including reception of visitors, answering the telephone and responding to inquiries, as needed.