Responsible for taking food orders, filling food order requests according to dietary specifications, delivering and retrieving meal trays, delivering snacks, maintaining floor stocks and sanitation.
Personal and Work Habits
• Follows department infection control procedures.
• Follows department safety procedures.
• Follows department sanitation and cleaning procedures.
• Demonstrates the proper care and use of kitchen equipment used by employee
Work Load Management & Teamwork
• Completes duties assigned by manager
• Performs duties in a team environment
• Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and completes tasks on time.
• Maintains poise at varying volumes of activity.
• Maintains poise when faced with a difficult situation
• Helps co-workers especially during short staff situations.
• Cooperates fully with supervisor at all times.
• Comprehends all computer reports needed for daily work
• Understands training material, instruction and short correspondences
• Allows and documents only 1 verbal diet order in compliance with the MDs diet order
• Provides outstanding customer service
• Organizes patient trays accurately & efficiently with careful attention paid to presentation.
• Prepares food accurately & efficiently with careful attention paid to presentation.
• Completes guest's orders by preparing food and beverages correctly according to dietary restrictions
• Safely operates all job related coffee and food service equipment
• Accurately portions and stocks food and supplies according to department procedures.
• Sets up assigned station accurately and efficiently.
• Rotates and labels foods and non-food supplies appropriately.
• Follows department procedures when Passing Out & Picking Up patient trays.
• Follows department procedures when Handling Silverware.
• Follows department procedures when Delivering Supplies to the floor pantries.
• Prepares all snacks, nourishments and supplements
• Adjusts menu selections to proper fluid requirements
• Identifies various medical and food service related abbreviations
• Demonstrates proper tray delivery/return procedures and communicates special requests to the production staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
• Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
• Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
• Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
• Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
Service Excellence (both internal and external)
• Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
• Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
• Abides by and upholds the hospital's service excellence standards.
• Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
• Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to communicate in a positive manner and interact with customer in high levels of service.
• Ability to communicate effectively and answer customer comments and questions courteously, either in person or on phone.
• Ability to respond to customer concerns as soon and possible, and communicate pertinent issues to supervisor immediately.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
• Ability to effectively write simple correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation.
• Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations, and use judgment to resolve issues or seek supervisory guidance.
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
• High school diploma or equivalent.