It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Facility:||Holy Family Hospital||Shift:||Day and Evening|
|Department:||HFH Birthing Center||Hours:||as needed - 5:00pm-9:00pm|
- Must be available 12 weekend shifts per year
- Must be available for 2 holiday shifts per year (Memorial Day, Independence Day or Labor Day) and one winter (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's)
- Must be available 2 additional shifts per month
- This position is covered by the SEIU Collective Bargaining Agreement
· Enters preliminary information onto worksheet from Delivery Room Register and Birth Register.
· Demonstrates professional interviewing skills while conducting interview with parent(s).
· Coordinates with Birthing Center nursing staff to obtain any additional information required by the birth registration system.
· Enters information into birth certificate software program.
· Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the VIP birth registration software system. Troubleshoots system issues independently with the Mass. Department of Public Health Office of Vital Statistics as needed.
· Record release to the state and town hall is done in a timely manner
· Strongly adheres to the regulations of the state pertaining to birth certificate preparation.
· Demonstrates problem-solving skills when working to complete any necessary paperwork within the required 10-day completion guidelines.
· Maintains policy and procedure manual with all state documents
· Maintains notary designation.
· Maintains a privacy file with documentation in compliance with the state and Steward policies.
· Reconciles the monthly query reports from the state in order to provide accurate information to Mass.DPH
· Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Meditech MPI enter/edit process in order to update the newborns name.
· Communicates with risk management /legal when dealing with special circumstances e.g. gestational carrier.
· Orders all supplies from the State
· Serves as a liaison between the Registry and the hospital on issues related to data.
Qualifications: High school graduate. Associates Degree –Medical Terminology Course- with 1-2 years experience computer and data entry skills; ability to speak comfortably with patients/families. Knowledgeable in Commonwealth of Mass. Birth Certificate Registration Law/ Regulations.
Physical Requirements: Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds; ability to hear normal speech at conversational volume; ability to see and read computer monitor; occasional prolonged standing/walking; occasionally lifts supplies/equipment, pushes carts. Keyboarding up to 7 hours/day. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching. Environment may contain dust or other irritants. Use hands for gross and fine grasping and manipulation.