To provide a safe and comfortable environment for those patients at risk of harming themselves or others.
• Provide rounds / observation for one (1) to three (3) patients requiring observation for safety, section twelve (12), falls, on the same unit and/or the Emergency Department.
• Provide one to one observation on suicidal patients and others as assigned
• Perform patient assistance with ambulation and mobilization activities safely, including but not limited to assisting patients out of and returning to bed/chair primarily for bathroom privileges.
• Assist with patient repositioning to provide maximum comfort and safety.
• Assist in preparing patient and meal tray for patients as directed by RN. Does not feed patients.
• Recognize patient emergency situations and respond in an appropriate manner.
• Provide assistance to licensed staff in the application and release of various restraints.
• Acquire pertinent patient information from licensed staff. Communicate patient information and needs to licensed staff and other team members, including alarms.
• Document on appropriate Handoff Communication Tool in a clear, concise, complete, accurate and legible manner.
• Maintain infection prevention standards during all activities.
• Follow hospital policies including, but not limited to bed/chair exit alarms, emergency preparedness, fall prevention and safe patient handling
Management of Time and Resources:
• Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
• Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
• Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
• Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
• Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
• Produces quality results.
• Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
• Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
• Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
• Responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer's satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
• Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
• Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
• Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
• Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent related experience, BLS. Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients and their families as well as nursing and physician staff with kindness and empathy.
One year of experience in a hospital or clinical environment as an employee or volunteer.