Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (RCNA, PTA, PTLA, etc.).
- Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines.
- Ensures that patient changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
- Current State Physical Therapy Licensure, graduate of an approved school of Physical Therapy or graduate of accredited college or university with a certificate in Physical Therapy.
- Three or more years of previous experience in all aspects of physical therapy.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of physical medicine, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of physical therapy machine operation, maintenance and repairs of same.