It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Facility:||Nashoba Valley Medical Center||Shift:||Split Shift Day/Evening|
|Department:||NVS PHARMACY||Hours:||Hours between 7:30am - 9:30pm|
Nashoba Valley Medical Center, located in Ayer, Massachusetts, has an opening for a per diem Pharmacy Technician.
Job Summary: Assists the pharmacist by filling physician orders for medications for oral, rectal, topical and injectable use; mixes IV admixture solutions as required using aseptic technique in the Laminar Air Flow hood; types labels, prepares and files charge slips and performs other related duties.
· Assists the pharmacist in providing medication, drug information and pharmaceutical services to patients, nurses, physicians and other hospital personnel.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Prepares intravenous solutions and admixtures.
· Maintains inventory of supplies and reorders them accordingly.
· Assists in filling prescriptions.
· Processes records of medications and supplies dispensed to patients or customers, computes charges and either enters them into the computer or forwards them to Data Processing.
· Aids in the training of Pharmacy Technician students or new employees.
· Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medication and supplies.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· One year related pharmacy experience and graduate of certified pharmacy technician school.
· MA Licensure