St. Mary's Hospital in Decatur, IL is looking for a Community Relations Assistant.
Full Time, 40 hr/wk, Days, 8:00a – 4:30p, occasional weekends and evenings
1. Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field required
B. Experience and required skills
1. 1-3 years experience in related field preferred
2. Microsoft Office expertise required
3. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) required
4. Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills required
5. Excellent customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills required
6. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
7. Writing and editing experience required
8. Social media, web experience required
9. Accuracy in performance of duties required
10. Project coordination/management experience desirable
1. Maintains accurate data/list management for leadership groups, Medical Staff and local Franciscan Sisters.
2. Reviews newspapers daily, gathers and disseminates information accurately for media reports.
3. Maintains hospital bulletin boards, gathers and disseminates information accurately.
4. Provides clerical support for department.
5. Organizes and maintains department file systems and archives.
6. Provides support to CR Associate, Community Programs (i.e. special events, tours, community program coordination, staff recruitment, registration).
7. Coordinates and oversees bulk mailings, scheduling volunteer assistance as needed.
8. Design and production of posters, flyers and brochures for both internal and external audiences.
9. Writing of press releases, brochures, flyers and newsletters.
10. Responsible for maintaining our presence on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and new/emerging platforms.