1 year of experience required
Under the supervision of the Home Care Nurse Manager the Home Care Nurse improves the patient and family's quality of life, coordinates comprehensive health care and community based services. The RN performs home visit assessments and independently develops, coordinates, and evaluates/modifies health care plans in the patient's home. The RN collaborates with other health care providers and leads the interdisciplinary team. The RN provides professional oversight to LPN's and unlicensed personnel; providing expert guidance and leadership in the area of specialty.
· Develop an individualized plan of care considering the physical, emotional, social, and environmental issues by assessing treatment needs, developing and monitoring treatment plans by collaborating with a physician with a focus on readmission reduction, health maintenance, disease prevention, and cost control. Update and modify the plan of care based on the changing needs of the patient.
· Supporting the agency initiatives to ensure patients who are enrolled in home care services have a specified treatment plan that ensures their safety and wellbeing 24 hours per day in an uncontrolled environment.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid, third party payer, and managed care billing principals that drive reimbursement and outcomes.
· Demonstrate strong assessment and clinical skills; with the ability to anticipate and coordinate with a physician regarding treatment plans to be reflective of homecare needs as well as the appropriate reimbursement and eligibility.
· Ability to work in a variety of settings with a clinically and culturally diverse population with the ability to be sensitive and agile to meet the needs of all patients.
· Ability to work independently with a strong sense of focus, non-judgmental patient interaction with a clear sense of boundaries.
· Demonstrate the ability to document in an EMR at the point of care with a focus on problem based care management.
· Demonstrate adequate knowledge of OASIS assessments and documentation to ensure adequate reimbursement to meet patient's needs.
· Supervise and direct care provided by LPN's and Home Health Aide staff to ensure patient needs are met.
· Registered Nurse with 1 year of recent acute care experience
· BSN preferred
· Excellent Time management and decision making skills
· Ability to motivate others toward achieving goals
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills
· Ability to multitask and work independently
· Strong communication and conflict resolution strategies
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Medium work; must be able to lift 25pounds frequently; occasionally lift 50 pounds. Will require the ability to stand, sit, lift, walk, bend, squat, twist, and reach.