Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
Our Emergency Department is a fast paced team of interdisciplinary professionals ready to promote and restore health to all who enter. Divided into four major zones with waiting area, registration area and triage area, we efficiently provide care for all specialties and all ages. Our call ahead program is the first in this area to provide an opportunity for scheduled evaluation times. The Emergency Department offers RN's the opportunity for a wide variety of patient experiences from minor injuries in our Speed Unit, to Cardiac Arrest and Trauma. The department offers paid training for ACLS, PALS, ENPC TNCC and a comprehensive orientation program. New staff are encouraged to work towards certification which is recognized and compensated for by the hospital. We offer flexible scheduling. Our goal is to provide consistent, excellent care to all patients. If you are looking for an exciting career, this is your opportunity.
· Recognized Leader: Only Magnet Hospital in Syracuse, highlighting our professional nursing staff.
· Growth: Recently built unit with state of the art safety features
· Advancement: Generous tuition reimbursement and Leadership development programs
· Work/Life: Self-scheduling options to balance your work/life and school calendars
What you will do:
· Emergency intervention and triage patients to the appropriate setting.
· Care for and provide treatment modalities.
· Collaborative team approach with physicians, clinical affiliates, nursing, case managers, social work, EMS and unit support staff.
· Participate in community events to educate and promote health and wellness.
· Ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice.
· Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
· Clinical ladder advancement with experience, staff engagement, and national certification.
· Career advancement to leadership roles as team leader, preceptor, mentor, coordinator/management.
Mission Statement: We, St Joseph's Health and Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
Vision: To be world-renowned for passionate patient care and outstanding clinical outcomes.
Core Values: In the spirit of good Stewardship, we heal by practicing Justice in fostering right relationships to promote common good, Reverence in honoring the dignity of every person, Excellence in expecting the best of ourselves and others; Integrity in being faithful to who we say we are.
Education, Training, Experience, Certification and Licensure:
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure, or eligibility for licensure, in the State of New York.
· Maintains current BLS/CPR certification.
· Participates in orientation and continuing education and updates and maintains knowledge and skills related to specific areas of expertise.
Work Environment and Hazards:
· Clinical setting. Exposure Class I
· Medium work: must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting maximum of 50 pounds. Will require ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat and reach.
Work Contact Group:
· All services, medical staff, patients, visitors, and various regulatory and professional agencies.
· Team Leader, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Manager, and Clinical Services/Nursing Administration.