CPR certification required
Medical Assistant (RMA, CMA)
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to:
• Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
• Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
• Prepare patients for examination, obtain vital signs, document chief complaint, medications and allergies, and administer medications and treatments.
• Assist with scheduling of patient appointments, test, and diagnostic testing.
• Replenish and prepares exam and treatment rooms with medical supplies, instruments, equipment, maintaining a neat, clean and appropriately stocked environment.
• Accurately enter faxed prescription refill into the EMR.
Graduate of an accredited Associate degree or diploma Medical Assistant program or a minimum of 5 years of experience in addition to military training.
• At least one year of professional experience in a clinic setting preferred.
• Good interpersonal, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
• Ability to clearly and calmly communicate in English both verbally and in writing with patients, medical staff and the public.
• Computer experience required.
• Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
• Certified as CMA (through AAMA) or RMA (through AMT)
Active RMA or CMA certification must be maintained.
• Bi-Annual CPR certification required.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.