Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Medical Scribe to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Be present with the physician during the patient visit for the sole purpose of transcribing physician documentation "real time" into Epic.
- This position will have no direct involvement in patient care.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely transcription of physician notes in the clinic setting.
- Scribes are not permitted to make independent decisions or translations while entering information into the electronic health record.
- Increase efficiency and productivity of the physician.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent. Education in medical secretarial, medical transcription, and/or graduate of an accredited school or graduate of an accredited Associate degree or diploma Medical Assistant program.
- At least one year of professional experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
- Experience with EMR is preferred and/or the ability to learn computer and application skills as applicable to the role.
- Effective communication skills and excellent verbiage and spelling skills.
- Must have exceptional listening skills and ability to concentrate in high levels of accuracy in transcription.
- Medical terminology sufficient to transcribe in a medical setting.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent activities and work independently, sufficient to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
National Certification preferred.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.