MT/MLS (ASCP) certification required
NAACLS Accredited Med Lab Science Program completion
Laboratory Technical Specialist
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technical Specialist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Assist Senior Laboratory Technical Specialist with in-house Point of Care Testing (POCT) program.
- Assist in system wide phlebotomy training program.
- Coordinate accreditation compliance within health system clinic laboratories.
- Conduct training, education, and competency evaluation of all health system employees who perform laboratory testing within the health system clinics.
Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university and successful completion on a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science program or an associate degree from a regionally accredited college/university and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited MLT program.
- Supervisory or teaching experience helpful but not required.
- Excellent communication, organization, computer and critical-decision making skills required.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff, physicians and patients within the organization and community.
- Successful completion of annual job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- MT (ASCP)/MLS (ASCP) or MLT (ASCP) certification required.
- Certification must be maintained by submitting appropriate continuing education documentation to certifying agency.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.