3 years of administrative or secretarial experience required
Must be able to type 50 wpm
Working knowledge of a variety of computer applications
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Provide administrative support to the department director and others as assigned.
- Function as an integral member of the department, enhancing communication, teamwork and Unit operations.
- Participate in the contract review process, providing support and coordination functions.
- Prepare and maintain all financial and operational reports needed by contractor in accordance with contractor policies and procedures.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and education experiences in support of departmental philosophy and objectives as well as Health System initiative.
At least two years college course work including accounting/bookkeeping exp. preferred.
- At least three years of administrative or secretarial experience required.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
- Ability to organize multiple assignments and independent judgment.
- Strong math and transcription skills required.
- Must be able to type 50-60WPM
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of computer applications including spreadsheets and graphic/presentation software required.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.