Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Phlebotomist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Prepare and instruct patients for all types of specimen collection, including venous or capillary blood, urine, stool, semen, or breath samples, routine throat cultures and nasopharyngeal specimens.
- Perform venipuncture or capillary to obtain blood specimens from patients following established protocols.
- Participate in phlebotomy skills validation process and provide back-up phlebotomy functions for nursing units.
Education: Successful completion of a phlebotomy course and/or one year of phlebotomy experience.
- Must provide copy of diploma/degree for highest level of education obtained.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly in English both verbally and in writing with patients, medical staff and the public.
Licenses and Certifications:
- PBT (ASCP) Certification preferred.
- CPR Certification preferred.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting, pushing/pulling, bending and carrying.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.