CPR certification required
RN (Registered Nurse) in State of Illinois
Radiation Oncology RN
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Radiation Oncology RN to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Coordinate and provide specialized Oncology Nursing support services to Radiation Oncology patients in an outpatient setting.
- Administer therapeutic and diagnostic measures and procedures prescribed by the physician and observes and evaluates their effect on the patient.
- Function as an information and education resource for the community and staff.
- Maintain standards of professional nursing practice.
- Document complete and accurate patient information.
- Coordinate radiation oncology services across the continuum of care, ensuring continuity and efficiency of nursing care and coordinate necessary referrals for Medical Oncology, Home Care equipment, Hospice, and Social Services.
- Coordinate family involvement in assessment and treatment of the patient.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing Program
- BSN is preferred but not required.
- At least three years of Inpatient, Outpatient Hospital, or Oncology patient care experience required.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in a caring, considerate and concerned manner.
- Willingness to accept responsibility.
- Ability to direct ancillary and assistive staff and organize work assignments.
- Teaching and leadership skills essential to the position.
- Knowledge of oncology specific pharmacology, admixture and cytotoxic policies.
- Demonstrated skills in venous access techniques and specific oncology technical resources.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current RN licensure to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Bi-annual CPR certification required.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent bending and crouching.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.