Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Medical Receptionist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Schedule appointments, take messages and maintain patient demographic and financial aspects as required.
- Greet and direct department patients and visitors and provide assistance as necessary.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of the department by answering phones and providing a variety of clerical support.
- Previous receptionist or word processing experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and critical decision making skills required.
- Must be able to read, write legibly and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to all levels of staff.
- Ability to sort and file alphabetically or numerically.
- Ability to operate a variety of general office equipment and use of a computer.
- Successful completion of annual job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.