CPR certification required
RN (Registered Nurse) in State of Illinois
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Clinic RN to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Greet patient and prepare them for physical examination or screening. Obtain patient history. Provide teaching and instructions. Collect specimen as per order.
- Provide nursing care for patients utilizing the nursing process including assessment, planning, education and evaluation.
- Document complete and accurate patient information in compliance with Department policy and regulatory agency requirements.
- Prepare and process instruments for sterilization according to established policies. Order medication as per physician protocol and standing orders.
Education: At least one year of professional nursing experience preferred. Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required. Ability to accurately perform phone triage. Ability to direct ancillary and assistive staff and organize work assignments.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
Licenses and Certifications: Current RN licensure from State of Illinois. Bi-annual CPR certification.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent bending, pushing/pulling, and carrying. Continuous standing, walking, and lifting/lowering.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.