Respiratory Therapist - Registered & Licensed
Respiratory & Pulmonary Manager
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Respiratory & Pulmonary Manger to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Provide professional leadership and management of the Inpatient and Ambulatory Pulmonology Departments ensuring comprehensive, competent and coordinated client centered care.
- Develop and implement business and strategic plans ensuring optimal delivery of clinical services, integration of physicians as well as successful financial performance.
- Manage delivery of governmental regulations and established accrediting agency standards.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental and divisional nursing philosophy and objectives, as well as Health System initiatives.
Education: Bachelors of Science degree in Business or related health care field preferred. Graduate of an AMA accredited educational program for Respiratory Care.
- At least 3 years of hospital leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and critical-decision making skills required.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff within the organization and community.
- Successful completion of annual job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current registration from the State of Illinois as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- CPR/ACLS/PALS certification.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.