Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Patient Registrar to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Verify and update patient demographic, insurance coverage information and review pre-certification questions.
- Prepare account financials during the registration process, online posting of copayments and general patient payments.
- Notify departments of referral needs and patient responsible account balances, as well as working various registration work queues.
This position represents SwedishAmerican and the Revenue Cycle team by adhering and upholding the SwedishAmerican iCare values and SwedishAmerican Service Excellence Standards of Behavior in providing the highest quality service to our customers. They will be friendly, knowledgeable, flexible and reliable. They will listen to, anticipate, recognize, and satisfy our customer's needs. We will improve our registration while ensuring the highest level f satisfaction, keeping our promises and commitments, and demonstrating our commitment through respect, knowledge, responsiveness, and courtesy. They will support their co-workers, engage in positive interactions, demonstrate friendliness by smiling and making eye contact when greeting l customers, provide helpful assistance in anticipating and responding to the needs of our customers and staying calm under pressure to deal effectively with difficult people.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least 1 year experience in registration, customer service/telephone reception or medical billing procedures highly desirable.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to use good judgments in highly emotional and demanding situations.
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong patient interviewing techniques by telephone or in person.
- Ability to comprehensively and accurately capture patient demographic, insurance information, detail-oriented.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to listen empathetically.
- Ability to logically and accurately organize details.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with ease and efficiency.
- Self-starter with willingness to try new ideas.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be result oriented.
- Positive, can-do attitude coupled with a sense of urgency.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote teamwork.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction including employees, patients, visitors, referring physicians and external stakeholders.
- Excellent computer operating skills (keyboard, mouse).
- Ability to use various computer applications including EPIC and MS Office.
- Basic math skills and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Broad knowledge of health care business office practives and principles.
- Knowledge of medical insurance terminology, HMO/PPO referral requirements. Third Party payers.
- Solid understanding of coordination of benefits regulations.
- Knowledge of Business Office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal healthcare regulations.
- Ability to type 35 words per minute preferred.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.