BLS certification required
RN (Registered Nurse) in State of Illinois
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking an Inpatient Case Manager to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Lead the Care Coordination Team, providing comprehensive nursing assessment of patients including planning, implementation, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluation of a plan of care.
- The plan of care will have an emphasis on communication, facilitating transitions across the continuum of care, and aligning resources within the community or health system in order to meet population needs.
- Monitor admissions establishing medical necessity, ensuring the appropriate level of care and facilitating the transition to an alternate post-acute care setting when appropriate.
- Coordinate care by leading daily patient rounds and coordinating the communication among nurses, ancillary staff and physicians.
- Communicate with nurses and physicians regarding core measures and other evidence-based practice compliance.
- Focus on daily goals and outcomes and formulate an appropriate discharge plan, working in conjunction with the patient, support network, and members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experience in support of departmental and divisional nursing philosophy and objectives as well as Health System population health initiatives.
Graduate of an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with all levels within the organization and community.
- Flexibility and excellent verbal, written, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated ability to consider the specific needs of different age groups in all interactions.
- Successful completion of annual age and job specific competencies and skill validation tools.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current Registered Nurse licensure from the Illinois Department of Professional Registration required.
- Annual BLS certification required.
- Case Management certification preferred but not required.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.