CPR certification required
RN (Registered Nurse) in State of Illinois
RN (2) (BSN)
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (BSN) to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Coordinate, oversee, and deliver patient care system-wide using an interdisciplinary approach, utilizing the nursing process including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Direct and provide patient teaching activities.
- Document complete and accurate patient information in compliance with Patient Services Department policy and regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinate family involvement in assessment and treatment of patient.
Bachelor degree in nursing required.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
- Ability to direct ancillary and assistive staff and organize work assignments.
- Ability to transition between facilities based on the needs of the health system.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current RN licensure to practice in the State of Illinois and required certification for respective nursing departments.
- Cath Lab: ACLS certification required within one year of hire.
- Emergency Department: Emergency Department RN must obtain the following mandatory certifications within the first year of employment: BLS, ACLS, PALS, or ENPC, ECRN and TNCC.
- Heart Hospital Nursing Units: Heart Hospital RN must obtain ACLS within one year of hire.
- 9th Floor: ACLS within one year of hire.
- Special Care Nursery/Mother Baby: NRP by end of orientation.
- L&D: ACLS and NRP by end of orientation.
- Bi-annual CPR certification required.
- Specialty certification in area of concentration preferred.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent climbing and carrying. Continuous standing, walking, bending, pushing/pulling, and lifting/lowering.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.