CPR certification required
Registered or registry eligible by ARDMS
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Ultrasonographer to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Greet patients, corroborate clinical history, provide education and explain procedures answering any questions or minimizing fears to obtain desired results and gain cooperation.
- Provide physical and psychological support and position patient and equipment to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest respecting patient ability and comfort.
- Select and operate ultrasound equipment and associated devices to successfully perform procedure.
- Evaluate images for technical quality assuring proper identification.
- Assist licensed practitioner with intervention procedures, needle localization, aspirations, biopsies, parasites and amniocentesis after verifying informed patient consent.
- Perform all aspects of care in an environment that optimizes patient and environmental safety in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and compliance efforts.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of diagnostic medical sonography or a graduate of a school of diagnostic medical sonography with at least five years of experience and ARDMS credentialing.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and clearly and calmly communicate in English both verbally and in writing with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Willingness to accept responsibility.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Registered (or registry eligible) by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography in abdominal, OB/GYN and clinically competent in Carotid and Venous Doppler Sonography.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be registered in Physics and one of the other required specialty boards within one year of hire. Must be registered in the other required specialty within 2 years of hire.
Physical Requirements:SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent bending, crouching, pushing/pulling.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.