Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Recreation Therapist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Evaluate the functional level of patients admitted to the Center for Mental Health (CFMH) and work with treatment team to develop an individualized treatment plan and implement treatment activities to assist the patient in meeting established goals.
- Be involved with committees and councils.
- Participation/attendance for monthly TR meeting is required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in recreational, art or music therapy from an accredited institution.
- Good communication, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
- Strong documentation, group facilitation and education skills.
- Knowledge of fitness skills and variety of wellness/leisure activities is needed.
- Ability to work with all age populations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to comfortably speak to groups for educational and marketing purposes.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- National certification in recreation therapy preferred.
- Maintain current nonviolent crisis intervention certification (annual)
- Exception- Registry recreational therapists who work under the supervision of a certified recreational therapist do not need to have the recreational therapist certification.
Physical Requirements:SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent bending and carrying.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.